Sol-Gel synthesis and formulations
Polyrise takes advantage of a recognized expertise in the development and industrialization of both UV and thermally curable hybrid (inorganic-organic) sol gel varnishes.
Polyrise’s sol gels are based upon a proprietary technology and allow for the obtention of nanostructured coatings. They improve or contribute to add new functionalities to several industrial products or consumer goods.
The sol gel process :
- A breaking innovative technology
- It enables to obtain high added value coatings
- soft chemistry based process matching with environmental friendly development issues
The Sol-Gel chemistry allows for the preparation of metal oxide networks(SiO2, ZnO, TiO2…) starting from the hydrolysis and subsequent condensation of organo-metallic precursors.
- Liquid varnishes (colloidal or oxo-metallic polymer solutions)
- Coatings obtained at room temperature and atmospheric pressure from a wet chemical coating process
- Polyrise’s Sol Gels : hybrid (inorganic/organic) compositions, nanostructured coatings combining
- REACH compliant varnishes : hydro-alcoholic solvents.
- Low temperature curing adapted to various types of substrates (PC, PMMA, PET…)
- Compatible with currently existing wet chemical coating lines for niche or volume applications.
4/ Polyrise’s expertise
- The integration and dispersion of nanomaterials into liquid varnishes
- UV and thermally curable sol gel varnishes - thin film coatings having a refractive index ranging from 1,3 and 1,9
- Layer thickness : 50 nm to 50 µm
- Optical, mecanical and surface properties
- Scale up and production of varnishes : 100 mL to 50 L